Easy to learn but tricky to master, Pong was one of the very first video games you could play at home. This minimal classic brought the game of ping pong to the arcades and tv!
Your challenge: keep it simple and build a Pen inspired by Pong!
- Pong's simplicity makes it ripe for a mashups with other games. Ever seen kingPenguin's Pacapong? ⬅ You really need to see that.
- Could you build a game like Pong that two people can play on the same keyboard? Or across a network? Check out WebSockets or realtime services that help with that kind of thing.
- Take a new game back to the 70s and style it like Pong.
- Pick out a perfectly pixelated web font like Press Start 2P on Google Fonts or something from Dafont.
- Check out Dudley Storey's artistic take, "MondriPong", especially if you want a head start on a basic working version of Pong.
- Everything you could ever want to know about Pong on this deliciously retro website. Honestly you could take some design inspiration from this early web masterpiece.
Stop bouncing around between your desk, your printer, and your scanner. Simplify work.
Thanks to HelloSign API for sponsoring this month!