Week Two of our Tributes challenge starts now!
Last week, we paid tribute to our coding heroes. Check out the Pens from week one in our Coding Heroes collection.
March Challenge Sponsor: Buddy
Buddy turns DevOps to NoOps with blazing fast performance packed in exceptional UI/UX. Create delivery pipelines in 10 minutes from over 100 pre-configured actions: builds, tests, deployments & more.
Week Two Prompt: Art Icons
This week, we turn to the art world to pay tribute. Let’s celebrate our favorite visual artists and musicians!
Share a tribute to your favorite artist from the world of visual arts or music. Tell us about the life and work of your favorite artist, or borrow from their work to create a fitting tribute.
How to Participate
Create a Pen and tag it
codepenchallenge and the weekly tag
cpc-art-hero. We’ll gather those Pens into a collection and share our favorites on Twitter and Instagram (Use the #CodePenChallenge tag on Twitter and Instagram as well).
- Borrow an image, a signature color, or a recurring theme from your favorite painter or sculptor to create something in their honor.
- Do you have a favorite musician? Tell us about their life and work, or typeset the lyrics to one of their songs with a web font that fits their vibe.
- The world of film and photography is full of iconic creators. Whose camerawork gives you the chills?
- Browse the catalog of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC or the British Museum to find examples of work by your favorite artist (and maybe discover someone new).
- Do you know what inspired the lyrics to your favorite song? Check out Genius for annotated lyrics and commentary from your fellow fans.
- Paying tribute to a film maker? If they worked in the 19th or 20th century you can find deep-dive details on their work in the AFI Catalog of the first 100 years of feature film, 1893-1993.