We improved the quality of Pen screenshots on CodePen using a “headless” browser, and we’ve got Joel Griffith from Browserless on the show to help us talk about how it all works.
Jetpack is a WordPress plugin that combines all sorts of powerful functionality into a single plugin. Here’s a handful of things it can do:
- Secure and back up your site.
- Connect your social media accounts for easy publishing after posting.
- Enable Markdown and editing enhancements.
- Increase performance though CDN-hosted and responsive images and video.
- 0:50 Topic introduction
- 3:25 What was CodePen using before?
- 7:10 What’s the backend for Browserless?
- 9:30 Sponsored by Jetpack.com
- 11:05 Headless Chrome has been planned for a few years.
- 13:00 What was the process to make it work on CodePen
- 18:40 How another web company might use screenshots.
- 21:10 Browserless’ pressure API