Chris, Alex, and Marie are here to talk about how we've started testing with Cypress. We talk about the kind of testing we do at CodePen, where the need for it came from, and what our experience has been like using Cypress so far.
Netlify, the powerful and awesome web host we all know and love, now is offering AWS Lambda functions built right in. You make a folder for all your functions, and they become relative paths you can hit to execute those functions. One reason you might wanna do that? Keeping your third-party API keys safe! Just another ingredient that make your fast static sites... not so static.
- 1:30 What kind of testing do we use at CodePen?
- 6:40 Where did the need for Cypress come from?
- 13:10 Cypress API
- 14:10 Great on-boarding with Cypress
- 18:25 Sponsored by Netlify
- 20:20 Using Cypress helps with support
- 25:40 How complicated can Cypress tests be?
- 28:55 Any issues with Cypress?
- 32:30 Cross browser testing and Cypress in the future
- Alex Vazquez on CodePen / Alex Vazquez on Twitter
- Chris on CodePen / Chris on Twitter
- Marie on CodePen / Marie on Twitter
- Headless Chrome
- CodePen Support
- CodePen on Spectrum
- CodePen Spark
- CodePen Pro
- CodePen Meetups
- CodePen on Twitter
- CodePen on Facebook
- CodePen on Flickr
- CodePen on Instagram
- CodePen on Google+
- Sponsor an episode of CodePen Radio
- Buy a CodePen T-Shirt