Chris talks with Alex about his role as CTO at CodePen and what he sees as his job, how to learn from mistakes, and ways to level up as a developer.
- 03:48 Why the need for a CTO?
- 11:58 Sponsor: Stackbit
- 12:37 Building developer happiness
- 15:19 Why don't we just build a feature and slap it out there?
- 18:43 Learning from mistakes and issues
- 30:26 How to level up as a developer
Static sites and the JAMStack are growing fast. Front-end devs already get it. It's fast, secure and as a developer, you get full control over the markup and the design.
Stackbit lets you build and deploy a full JAMstack site, with an SSG and headless CMS in just a few clicks. You can already choose from about a dozen prebuilt themes for Hugo, Jekyll and Gatsby and connect to Forestry, NetlifyCMS, DatoCMS or Contentful. It all happens right in your own repo.
On top of that, Stackbit just released custom themes.
Use the link stackbit.com/codepen, feel the magic, and let us know what you think.
- Socket IO
- Alex Vazquez on CodePen / Alex Vazquez on Twitter
- Chris on CodePen / Chris on Twitter