A big milestone for us! We’re now well over that number of registered users on CodePen. It’s a fun number to watch — but we know it’s not a particularly useful or industry-standard metric. Monthly active users, for example, is much more meaningful. In this podcast, Marie and Chris reminisce a bit on the early days and reflect on what is different between then and now. You’d think we’d have way more support work to do, but we don’t. You’d think we’d have way higher server costs, but we don’t. We all feel it in different ways. We’re more boring in a very satisfying way. We’re more consistent, secure, stable, and reliable.
- 00:32 Building dashboards
- 02:05 Audio blogging our graph
- 04:34 Active users vs registered users
- 08:19 Supporting our users has changed
- 10:10 Sponsor: Secureframe
- 11:49 What feels heavier now with more users?
- 18:34 Changes to dev ops
- 23:05 What scales with number of users?
- 26:48 Dealing with the size and complexity of CodePen
Security compliance isn’t the biggest priority for startups…until it is. When it comes to enterprise deals, every large company requires a SOC 2 report. Secureframe allows companies to get SOC 2 compliant within weeks, rather than months and monitors 40+ services, including AWS, GCP, and Azure. Secureframe continuously collects audit evidence, runs security awareness training, manages vendors, monitors infrastructure, and more, all automatically.
Our customers save an average of 50% on their audit costs and hundreds of hours of their time. Learn more at secureframe.com