It’s midway through the year and Marie and Chris are talking about the development and design trends emerging on CodePen in 2018.
Sponsor: An Event Apart 12:50
Learn from the best: An Event Apart’s speakers aren’t merely industry leaders with years of experience and deep insight. They’re also engaging, inspiring thinkers who are passionate about sharing what they’ve learned and helping you level up your skills.
And because our editorial team works closely with those speakers, you’ll find that each presentation sheds light on the next—that the event is not merely a collection of disparate talks, but a curated, cutting-edge curriculum for the modern designer, coder, and strategist. A curriculum that continues after the conference ends, with slides, articles, videos, and other resources shared freely on our website.
At An Event Apart, you won’t just learn what’s happening right now. You’ll also look ahead to what’s next. Topics people heard about on our stage before the rest of the industry knew they were coming: responsive web design, mobile-first practices, content strategy, responsive content strategy, and, now, intrinsic web design and variable fonts.
- 1:05 Topic introduction.
- 2:50 This is the year of the toggle.
- 6:20 Grid is a big area of growth.
- 12:50 Sponsored by An Event Apart
- 14:40 CSS variables
- 22:30 Pin masks
- 25:10 Color trends
- Chris Gannon’s Egg Toggle
- Adam Kuhn’s Burrito Toggle
- Anastasia Goodwin’s Bear Toggle
- Michelle Barker’s post Building an Aspect Ratio Grid Layout
- Marie on CodePen / Marie on Twitter
- Chris on CodePen / Chris on Twitter