Cassidy and Marie are here to talk about tips for debugging your code – on CodePen as well as on your own site.
Jetpack brings a wealth of features to your self-hosted WordPress site as one of the best no-brainer plugins for WordPress there is. One feature I just recently used for the first time was the video hosting and video player. I had a video clip that I just wanted to drag and drop into a blog post like I would an image, but it was a little too big. Fortunately I just uploaded it through WordPress.com, it was magically available in the Media dialog on my self-hosted site, and it worked perfectly.
- 3:20 Syntax highlighting
- 6:30 Built in error messaging inside CodePen
- 7:10 Sponsored by Jetpack
- 9:40 Asking for help. Rubber ducking.
- 14:45 Test driven development
- 18:20 Writing debugger into your code
- 21:15 Debugging someone else’s code
- 26:10 Resources
- Marie on CodePen / Marie on Twitter
- Cassidy Williams on CodePen / Cassidy Williams on Twitter
- Sarah Drasner: Debugging Tips and Tricks
- ELI5 – when a program or game has a bug, how do developers track it down?- Reddit