Tim and Marie talk about how CodePen updated Ruby on Rails from 4.2 to 5.2.
- 01:03 What version where we on?
- 01:43 Why did we upgrade?
- 05:25 Getting ready for an upgrade
- 09:43 Sponsor: Netlify
- 10:32 What is a strong parameter?
- 18:28 Any problems during the upgrade?
- 19:47 Did you do one big deploy?
- 21:48 Overall it went…
- 23:53 Any lessons you’d take to the next upgrade?
Netlify, the powerful and awesome web host we all know and love, now is offering AWS Lambda functions built right in. You make a folder for all your functions, and they become relative paths you can hit to execute those functions. One reason you might wanna do that? Keeping your third-party API keys safe! Just another ingredient that make your fast static sites… not so static.
- Rails Upgrade docs
- VS Code
- Honey Badger
- Tim Sabat on CodePen / Tim Sabat on Twitter
- Marie on CodePen / Marie on Twitter