Our topic for this episode is Topics – a new feature on CodePen. Stephen, Klare, Cassidy, and Marie are on to talk about what Topics are, the design approach, how we built the feature, and how you can suggest new Topics.
Netlify, the powerful and awesome web host we all know and love, now is offering AWS Lambda functions built right in. You make a folder for all your functions, and they become relative paths you can hit to execute those functions. One reason you might wanna do that? Keeping your third-party API keys safe! Just another ingredient that make your fast static sites… not so static.
- 00:42 What’s the Topics section?
- 02:53 Some of the coolest stuff is inside of Posts
- 03:49 What was the design approach to Topics?
- 04:53 New feature highlighter
- 08:07 Sponsor: Netlify
- 08:55 How did we build Topics?
- 12:40 Starter templates in Topics
- 16:02 Other Topics ideas
- 21:36 Taking suggestions
- CodePen Radio #213 Splitting.JS
- The Danger Crew
- Stephen on CodePen / Stephen on Twitter
- Klare on CodePen / Klare on Twitter
- Cassidy on CodePen / Cassidy on Twitter
- Marie on CodePen / Marie on Twitter