Asset Hosting just keeps getting better! Marie and Stephen talk about even more new features added to PRO asset hosting including new CORS-proof asset URLs, image optimization, scaling or saving as a new image, and how CodePen decides to build features like this out.
- 01:49 What’s new in Asset Hosting?
- 07:23 Optimizing images inside assets
- 14:58 Sponsor: Netlify
- 17:39 Saving or Scaling Images
- 24:13 Building for ourselves as well as customers
Netlify is the fastest way to build the fastest sites, Jamstack style. Netlify is a web host that hosts your static files, but for not-so-static sites. The static file hosting is just so that the site can be served over a global CDN as quickly and securely as is possible to do. Any kind of functionality is possible through things like built-in form processing, auth, and cloud functions, and the developer experience is second to none.
- CodePen Radio #267: PRO Assets Update
- CodePen Radio #270: Dynamically Generated CDN Content
- Asset hosting documentation
- Stephen on CodePen / Stephen on Twitter
- Marie on CodePen / Marie on Twitter