The CodePen community did a tremendous job with this week's challenge! Seriously. I think we had more entries and more wonderfully different takes on this challenge than we've had so far. Maybe because of the starter Pen? Let us know if y'all liked having a base like that.
Here are just a few of our favorite Pens from this week's blogging challenge prompt: typesetting a blog post.
"Typeset This Post" from Florian Schulz is a botanical beauty!
Arianna Lynn drew inspiration from the Tomorrow Night syntax highlighting theme for "Code-Typing a Blog Post".
"Classic Typeset with scroll reveal" by Rémi TRAN shows harmony between simple sans serif fonts and an ornate script.
Daniel Constance showed off the comic side of type in "Typesetting (hover over the text)".
There are so many more great ones! Can't resist, here's a few more picks:
- Great whitespace, floated headers, and responsive touches in Ivana's take.
- Stephen Lee made it into a pure CSS screensaver without touching any of the Markdown! He also did up a bold yellow take.
- A lovely header fade by Jon Wilcox.
- Going old school newspaper.
- Hamsa Ganesh dug in with a couple of variable fonts.
We've gathered up these and many more Pens from this week's challenge in our Typeset This Blog Post Collection. A new challenge prompt is coming today! Sign up to get notified, or check back here on the blog for the next prompt.
Thanks to our Sponsor!
This month's challenge is sponsored by Jetpack — the ideal way to experience WordPress.
JetPack is a WordPress plugin that combines all sorts of powerful functionality into a single plugin. Here's a handful of things it can do:
- Secure and back up your site.
- Connect your social media accounts for easy publishing after posting.
- Enable Markdown and editing enhancements.
- Increase performance though CDN-hosted and responsive images and video.