Eeek! It's the last week March and so the last week of our Movie Night theme for CodePen Challenges. Now is as good a time to jump in as any, and of course, we'll be back again next month with a new theme.
I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail.
Believe it or not, there once was a time when people were excited to get an email! Back in 1998, "You've Got Mail" told the story of a couple who fell in love through the cutting-edge world of AOL chatrooms and email.
Here in 2018, your challenge for the week is building a Pen or Project inspired by this story of wire-crossed lovers!
Ideas to Build On
- A fun chat UI: Go retro with the classic AOL style of the film, or design something for the 21st-century version of Shopgirl & NY152
- The next great email template: maybe you can help people fall in love with email again!
- What could an email notification of the future look like?
- Perhaps an icon for email that isn't evocative of snail mail?
As always, feel free to let your imagination take you wherever it wants to go! Don't forget to tag your Pen with CodePenChallenge.
Related Courses at Treehouse
Treehouse is our sponsor this month!
Treehouse has courses to help you learn and advance your tech career. Learn things like front-end web development, iOS and Android development, and even game programming. Here's a couple of courses we thought might go well with this third weeks challenge:
- The absolute most comprehensive guide to CSS in email, from Campaign Monitor.
- Grab some inspiration from some of the best chat UI demos on CodePen.
- Really Good Emails curates emails that are, indeed, really good.