It's time to start week three of the December "Four Elements" challenge!
Last week, the CodePen community made it rain for the Water prompt. Check out the Pens in our #CodePenChallenge: Water 💧 collection.
December's Challenge Sponsor: WooCommerce
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. Use WooCommerce to sell anything from luxury mattresses and cupcakes, to date-driven sales like kayak lessons, to one-off items like beautiful hand-crafted jewelry.
Week Three Prompt: Fire 🔥
We're playing with fire this week! Let's set CodePen alight with Pens inspired by the fire element.
Fire up a Pen and set it aflame! Light a candle, throw a fireball, or show us some fireworks.
How to Participate
Create a Pen and tag it
codepenchallenge and the weekly tag
cpc-fire. We'll gather those Pens into a collection and share our favorites on Twitter and Instagram (Use the #CodePenChallenge tag on Twitter and Instagram as well).
- 'Tis the season for candles, like in Sarah Drasner's "Flame" and Yule Logs, like Alex Bergin's.
- Create pixelated fire, like the kind Fire Mario throws in Dave Judd's Pen.
- Light up the sky with fireworks like the Pens in our "Fireworks!" collection.
- Learn how to create a glowing, crackling fire effect with CSS animations from HackerNoon.
- Get that 8-bit fire look with a pixelated fire effect tutorial from slicker.me.
- Did you know there's a fireworks.js ? Of course there is!