Donkey Kong looms large over the video game world as one of the very first platformers. And, did you know Mario made his debut in this game? Yep, everybody’s favorite pixelated plumber was “Jumpman” in the first Donkey Kong game, dodging barrels on his way to save the day!
Your challenge: build something inspired by the Donkey Kong universe.
- “Donkey Kong, without question, is the hardest game” - Billy Mitchell, King of Kong. Can you make one even harder? Check out Johan Tirholm's "Unruly Tower" platformer. It's very not easy.
- The Donkey Kong leaderboard was the place to be in the early 80s. Try recreating Alex Lockwood's take on it.
- Have you heard of the Web Audio API? Donkey Kong chiptunes are pretty iconic. Perhaps try playing around with it in Tone.js.
- Belén "Benko" Albeza has a guide all about making platform games on the web and it's super good!!
- Unused music, graphics, and the hidden messages for developers at The Cutting Room Floor.
- There's more to the Donkey Kong universe than chucking barrels. Anyone remember Donkey Konga?
HelloSign API: Great for your security, great for your developers, great for your customers - It's on like Donkey Kong!