It's the second week of the Color Palettes challenge!
Last week, we kicked off the month with a color palette that was just peachy! Check out the Pens from the first week of the challenge in our collection #CodePenChallenge: Peach Beach 🍑.
January Challenge Sponsor: Monday.com
A new way to manage your work. Plan. Organize. Track. In one visual, collaborative space.
With monday.com, you can manage all of your projects in a single place. See projects at a glance, stay on top of your schedule, and collaborate better with your team.
Week Two Prompt: Primary Colors 🍎
This week we're going back to basics with the primary colors red, blue, and yellow in these shades: #F44336, #1E88E5, #FDD835.
Create a Pen inspired by this week's palette. You could choose to only use these colors, or use them as a starting point to experiment with a wider palette.
How to Participate
Create a Pen and tag it
codepenchallenge and the weekly tag
cpc-primary. We'll gather those Pens into a collection and share our favorites on Twitter and Instagram (Use the #CodePenChallenge tag on Twitter and Instagram as well).
- In-browser paint tools are fun! Create a paint tool that features red, blue, and yellow on the palette.
- These three colors happen to be part of the Material Design color palette. Could you build a clean, Material-style UI with the primaries?
- Explore or explain how these three colors blend together to create new colors.
- Building a painting tool? Check out Frank Dip's Pixel Art Maker or Mona La's Paint Blocks for inspiration.
- Read about how the color system works in Material Design. You can grab light and dark variants from CodePen's built-in design assets.
- Digging into color blending? Check out how painters mix colors on a real palette, and take a peek at the blending on Letter mix blend mode from Tobias Reich.